Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property of being retentive; specifically, in psychology, the capacity for retaining mental presentations: distinguished from memory, which implies certain relations existing among the presentations thus recorded. See memory.
- n. the state of being retentive
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being retentive.
- n. the power of retaining and recalling past experience
- n. the property of retaining possessions that have been acquired
- n. the power of retaining liquid
- retentive + -ness (Wiktionary)
“… now go wipe, your anal retentiveness is showing …”
“A better aphorism from him, which should be pinned to the wall of every management consultant's office, was "progress, far from consisting in change depends on retentiveness".”
“Sahre has catalogued and organized everything about this modest outcropping of homes with an admirable anal retentiveness.”
“March 2nd, 2009 at 10: 52 pm expansionism footprints froze glove prohibitively sakes stations buy generic cialis alarming evaluates molar pistons retentiveness rigidity scowls Webster.”
“Also, is it the height of anal retentiveness to point out that Chaplin's first film appearance wasn't until 1914? kevtron”
“Without the aid of a swingometer, and feeling a bit low on powers of anal retentiveness today, I would guess that those sorts of swings would wipe out most, if not all, of Labour's Commons majority.”
“To read Cook's Illustrated is to see anal retentiveness made into quivering flesh.”
“While I think this is good in the long run (T's anal-retentiveness is generally an admirable trait, but it does mean that it takes us ages to sign any contract for anything), it means that we won't make an offer for a few weeks, at least.”
“There was also a lot of anal-retentiveness on display.”
“So it's gonna be a choice between anal retentiveness and moral righteousness...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘retentiveness’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Being a list of words which have "specifically" in their definitions.
Looking for tweets for retentiveness.