from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being retentive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being retentive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property of being retentive; specifically, in psychology, the capacity for retaining mental presentations: distinguished from memory, which implies certain relations existing among the presentations thus recorded. See memory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the power of retaining and recalling past experience
- n. the property of retaining possessions that have been acquired
- n. the power of retaining liquid
retentive + -ness (Wiktionary)