from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bonding of two or more monomers to form a polymer.
- n. A chemical process that effects this bonding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chemical process, normally with the aid of a catalyst, to form a polymer by bonding together multiple identical units (monomers).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of changing to a polymeric form; the condition resulting from such change.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The apparent fusion or union of two or more molecules of a compound, forming a more complex molecule with a higher atomic weight and somewhat different physical and chemical properties. Also spelled polymerisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chemical process that combines several monomers to form a polymer or polymeric compound
polymerize + -ation (Wiktionary)