from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of decelerating.
- n. The amount by which a speed or velocity decreases (and so a scalar quantity or a vector quantity).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a decrease in velocity. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The decrease of velocity: opposed to acceleration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of decelerating; decreasing the speed
- n. a decrease in rate of change
- n. (physics) a rate of decrease in velocity
Sorry, no etymologies found.