from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A decrease, decline, or relaxation, as of effort or energy.
- n. A disappointment: The cancellation of the game was a real letdown.
- n. The descent made by an aircraft in order to land.
- n. A physiological response in lactating females, activated usually in response to sucking or crying by an infant, in which milk previously secreted into the alveoli of the breasts is released into the ducts that lead to the nipple.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of let-down.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized
Sorry, no etymologies found.