from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of assuaging; appeasement.
- n. The condition of being assuaged.
- n. An assuaging medicine or application.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mitigation; abatement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of assuaging; mitigation; abatement.
- n. An alleviative; a sedative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced
Sorry, no etymologies found.