from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A renewal of youthful appearance or character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A renewal of youthful characteristics or vitality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A renewing of youth; the state of being or growing young again.
- n. A method of cell formation in which the entire protoplasm of an old cell escapes by rupture of the cell wall, and then develops a new cell wall. It is seen sometimes in the formation of zoöspores, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A renewal of the appearance, powers, or feelings of youth.
- n. In biology, a transformation whereby the entire protoplasm of a vegetative cell changes into a cell of a different character—that is, into a primordial cell which subsequently invests itself with a new cell-wall and forms the starting-point of the life of a new individual. It occurs in numerous algæ, as Œdogonium, and also in some diatoms.
- n. The renewal of vitality, which has been exhausted through repeated cell-division, by the sexual union of two cells into a cell of compound origin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.