from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Material used for soundproofing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of deaden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rendering less lively, intense, or vigorous.
- adj. So lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness.
- n. The act of making something futile and useless (as by routine).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device or material employed to deaden or render dull.
- n. A tract of land on which the trees have been killed by girdling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine)
- adj. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
Sorry, no etymologies found.