from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An act of appeasing.
- n. The condition of being appeased.
- n. The policy of granting concessions to potential enemies to maintain peace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being appeased; the policy of giving in to demands in order to preserve the peace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of appeasing, or the state of being appeased; pacification.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of appeasing, or the state of being appeased, or in peace; pacification.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of appeasing (as by acceding to the demands of)
From Old French apaisement (Wiktionary)