from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of mollifying.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of mollifying, or the state of being mollified; a softening.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of mollifying or softening.
- n. Pacification; an appeasing; something that will soothe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of being appeased or ameliorated or tempered
- n. the act of appeasing someone or causing someone to be more favorably inclined
Sorry, no etymologies found.