from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A male teacher in charge of a residence hall at a school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A teacher who is in charge of a house at a boarding school
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A teacher in charge of a school boardinghouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The master or head of a house or household.
- n. In English public schools, a master having supervision and control of the boys residing in one of the houses or halls belonging to the school.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. teacher in charge of a school boardinghouse
Sorry, no etymologies found.