from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A helicopter whose fuselage is configured so as to be mounted with a steel line and hook used to lift and transport heavy objects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An imaginary hook suspended in the air.
- n. A helicopter that lifts and transports heavy objects suspended by a heavy cable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hook that is imagined to be suspended from the sky
- n. helicopter carrying a reel of steel cable that can be used to lift and transport heavy objects
Sorry, no etymologies found.