from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Temporary; short-term.
- n. A temporary measure or short-term fix used until something better can be obtained.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which closes or fills up an opening or gap; hence, a temporary expedient.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which fills a gap or hiatus, or, figuratively, that which serves as an expedient in an emergency.
- Filling a gap or pause, as in the course of talk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something contrived to meet an urgent need or emergency
Sorry, no etymologies found.