from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving to mitigate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to mitigate; alleviating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lenitive; tending to alleviate.
- n. That which mitigates or tends to moderate or alleviate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moderating pain or sorrow by making it easier to bear
Sorry, no etymologies found.