from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reducing pain or severity; palliative: alleviative treatment for an incurable disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That alleviates pain; palliative
- n. That which alleviates; a drug or remedy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to alleviate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to alleviate or mitigate.
- n. That which alleviates or mitigates: as, “some cheering alleviative,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moderating pain or sorrow by making it easier to bear
Sorry, no etymologies found.