from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That who or which alleviates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, alleviates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which alleviates, lightens, or mitigates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. remedy that alleviates pain without curing
- n. a therapist who makes suffering more endurable
Sorry, no etymologies found.