Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of infesting or harassing; harassment; molestation.
- n. A harassing inroad; a malignant or mischievous invasion.
- n. The presence of a large number of pest organisms in an area or field, on the surface of a host or anything that might contact a host, or in the soil.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of infesting or state of being infested; molestation; vexation; annoyance.
- n. a swarm of insects that attack plants
- n. the state of being invaded or overrun by parasites
“This type of infestation is the result of letting people have these things as pets.”
“Apparently the SNAIL infestation is world-wide, reaching as far as Singapore.”
“Forget fools and live with it – infestation is out of control.”
“Until that infestation is cleansed from our PCs, no amount of utilitarian software will protect us from ever-new blights.”
“Protecting yourself against bug infestation is not easy, and a topic in itself.”
“Vermin infestation closes RI Avenue Safeway; sadly DCRA doesn’t have jurisdiction over congress. —”
“As a result of the infestation, which is a growing problem nationwide, Canganelli says no donations of furniture will be accepted.”
“Coinciding with this infestation were the arrivals of the ships from Spain.”
“So, that's really important to make sure that the wood they use is either pressure-treated or a type of wood that can withstand water and infestation, which is something like cedar.”
“Eventually, it was determined that the infestation was a little more exotic in origin and exterminators came in to tear my bedroom apart.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘infestation’.
If you find a word that you want to share with me, this is a good place for it. I will try to look after it.
things that are just fun to say
Looking for tweets for infestation.