American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Abnormal or anomalous formation or structure; deformity.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Faulty formation; irregular or anomalous formation or structure, especially in a living body; a deviation from the normal form or structure either in the whole or in part of an organ. Also, until recently, maleformation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Ill formation; irregular or anomalous formation; abnormal or wrong conformation or structure; -- often used of body parts such as limbs which do not develop properly during fetal maturation.
- n. something abnormal or anomalous
- n. an affliction in which some part of the body is misshapen or malformed
“January 18th, 2010 at 6: 47 pm pluege says: this statement ought to really raise chavez in the eyes of other vermin scum like limbaugh and beck. the indecency of these cretinous sub-humanoid flotsam of protozoan malformation is startling no matter how common their inhuman malfeasance gets.”
“This malformation is characterized by myelomeningocele and posterior fossa abnormalities, which have distinct sonographic appearances (the so-called “lemon” and “banana” signs).”
“Living with a Chiari malformation is painful and exhausting.”
“… [T] his rare genetic malformation is called a mirror hand.”
“He had a congenital arteriovenous malformation, which is a mass of arteries/blood vessels that connect without any capillaries.”
“Identified almost a century ago, the Arnold-Chiari malformation occurs when the bottom of the brain herniates, or protrudes, through the hole in the skull where the spinal cord descends.”
“The diagnosis is what is called a Moyamoya disease or malformation, which is just a vascular malformation of the brain," said Dr. Zulma Tovar Spinoza, director of pediatric neurosurgery at Upstate Medical Center.”
“To my knowledge, it is the only record of a vertebrate fossil showing that kind of malformation," Dr Buffetaut, director of research at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in Paris, France told BBC”
“However, this knowledge can be expected to improve our understanding of the pathogenesis of several clinical disorders such as malformation and errors of development, degenerative changes such as occur in senile dementia, delayed wound healing, muscle dystrophy as well as tumour diseases.”
“Shock heads, hairy, crumpled faces, hollow chests, flat feet, sagging musclesevery kind of malformation and physical rottenness were there.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘malformation’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for malformation.