from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See clubfoot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ankle and foot
- n. clubfoot (abbreviation from talipes equinovarus (TEV))
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The deformity called clubfoot. See clubfoot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A club-foot; a deformed foot, as of man, in which the member is twisted out of shape or position.
- n. Clubfootedness; taliped malformation.
- n. In zoology, a natural formation of the feet by which they are twisted into an unusual position, as in the sloths.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. congenital deformity of the foot usually marked by a curled shape or twisted position of the ankle and heel and toes
New Latin tālipēs, tāliped- : Latin tālus, ankle + Latin pēs, ped-, foot; see -ped.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin talus ("ankle") + pes ("foot") (Wiktionary)