from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cleft lip. No longer in scientific use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A congenital malformation of the upper lip, reminiscent of the mouth of a hare.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lip, commonly the upper one, having a fissure of perpendicular division like that of a hare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A congenital fissure or vertical division of the upper lip: so called from its supposed resemblance to the lip of a hare.
- n. The hare-lipped sucker, Quassilabia lacera, a catostomid fish remarkable for the conformation of the mouth, which suggests a harelip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a congenital cleft in the middle of the upper lip
Sorry, no etymologies found.