from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of defacing; an instance of visibly marring or disfiguring something.
- n. An act of voiding or devaluing; nullification of the face value.
- n. A symbol added to a flag or coat of arms to change it or make it different from another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of defacing, or the condition of being defaced; injury to the surface or exterior; obliteration.
- n. That which mars or disfigures.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of defacing or disfiguring; injury to the surface or exterior; disfigurement; obliteration.
- n. That which disfigures or mars appearance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of damaging the appearance or surface of something
deface + -ment (Wiktionary)