from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Execution of a person by mob action without due process of law, especially hanging
- n. Any act of violence inflicted by a mob upon the body of another person.
- v. Present participle of lynch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of executing lynch-law upon a person; the killing of a person by a mob under pretense of summary justice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. putting a person to death by mob action without due process of law
See etymology section of lynch article. (Wiktionary)