from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An individual whose back is hunched due to abnormal convex curvature of the upper spine. Also called humpback.
- n. An abnormally curved or hunched back.
- n. Kyphosis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is stooped or hunched over.
- n. A deformed upper spinal column in the shape of a hump in the back.
- n. A person with kyphosis, a spinal deformity that causes a hunched over appearance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A back with a hunch or hump; also, a hunchbacked person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A humpback; a humpbacked person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormal backward curve to the vertebral column
- n. a person whose back is hunched because of abnormal curvature of the upper spine
Back-formation from hunchbacked. (Wiktionary)