from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See hunchback.
- n. A humped upper back.
- n. A humpback whale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A humped back
- n. A person with a humpback: hunchback
- n. A person who suffers from kyphosis
- n. A humpback whale
- n. A humpback salmon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A crooked back; a humped back.
- n. A humpbacked person; a hunchback.
- n. Any whale of the genus Megaptera, characterized by a hump or bunch on the back. Several species are known. The most common ones in the North Atlantic are Megaptera longimana of Europe, and Megaptera osphyia of America; that of the California coasts is Megaptera versabilis.
- n. A small salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha), of the northwest coast of America; the humpbacked salmon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A crooked or hunched back.
- n. One who has a crooked back; a hunchback.
- n. A humpbacked whale of the genus Megaptera.
- n. In ichthyology, a salmon of the genus Oncorhynchus, O. gorbuscha, more fully called humpbacked salmon. See salmon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large whalebone whale with long flippers noted for arching or humping its back as it dives
- n. a person whose back is hunched because of abnormal curvature of the upper spine
- n. an abnormal backward curve to the vertebral column
Probably cognate with: (Wiktionary)