from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of emigrating; movement of a person or persons out of a country or national region, for the purpose of permanent relocation of residence.
- n. A body of emigrants; emigrants collectively; as, the German emigration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of emigrating; removal from one country or state to another, for the purpose of residence, as from Europe to America, or, in America, from the Atlantic States to the Western.
- n. A body emigrants; emigrants collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Removal from one country or region to another for the purpose of residence, as from Europe to America, or from one section of the United States to another.
- n. A body of emigrants: as, the Irish emigration.
- n. A going beyond or out of the accustomed place.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. migration from a place (especially migration from your native country in order to settle in another)
From Late Latin stem of emigratio (Wiktionary)