from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of raising something to its greatest value or extent.
- n. The process of finding the maximum value of a function.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of increasing to the highest degree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of maximizing, or raising to the highest degree. Ben-tham. Also spelled maximisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of raising to the highest possible point or condition or position
- n. the mathematical process of finding the maximum value of a function
Sorry, no etymologies found.