Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of maximizing, or raising to the highest degree. Ben-tham. Also spelled maximisation.
- n. The act of raising something to its greatest value or extent.
- n. mathematics The process of finding the maximum value of a function.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of increasing to the highest degree.
- n. the act of raising to the highest possible point or condition or position
- n. the mathematical process of finding the maximum value of a function
“Some of those large institutions, such as large public pension funds, or union-associated funds, may well have agendas that go beyond the long-term maximization of profits for all shareholders.”
“I control a privately held corporation that provides my livelihood and, I can assure you, profit maximization is not and has never been the primary goal.”
“They do not care if the hotel never gets another guest; short-term profit maximization is the goal.”
“Quarks are a way to explain neutrons; surplus maximization is a way to explain estoppel.”
“Furthermore, their performance depends on their concepts about themselves, their pragmatism, their preference for taking risks, and their valuing of short-term maximization or long-term gain.”
“Leaving in place strategic assets - the building blocks for future generations, and their higher standard of living, is an anathema to short term maximization - and its cannibalistic fatal flaw.”
“Halla criticizes a system that focuses "aggressively and indiscriminately" on the short-term maximization of profits, without any regard for losses, that is oriented on short-lived market prices and lucrative bonus payments.”
“The others will cook up a nice deferred compensation plan that will involve common stock and will require short term maximization of short term profit.”
“(Posner accepted it and no longer says wealth maximization is a theory of value.”
Looking for tweets for maximization.