from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of domesticating, or accustoming to home; the action of taming wild animals or breeding plants.
- n. The act of domesticating, or making a legal instrument recognized and enforceable in a jurisdiction foreign to the one in which the instrument was originally issued or created.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of domesticating, or accustoming to home; the action of taming wild animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of becoming domestic, or the state of being domesticated; home life; home-like association or familiarity.
- n. The act of converting to domestic uses, as wild animals or plants, by taming or cultivation; the state of being made domestic: as, the domestication of the zebra has been attempted; the domestication of the potato.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attribute of having been domesticated
- n. adaptation to intimate association with human beings
- n. accommodation to domestic life
Sorry, no etymologies found.