from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of not being used or of being no longer in use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of not being used; neglect.
- v. To cease the use of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cease to use; to discontinue the practice of.
- transitive v. To disaccustom; -- with to or from.
- n. Cessation of use, practice, or exercise; inusitation; desuetude.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cease to use; neglect or omit to employ; abandon or discard from exercise or practice.
- n. Cessation of use, practice, or exercise: as, disuse of wine; disuse of sea-bathing; disuse of words.
- n. Cessation of custom or observance; desuetude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of something that has been unused and neglected
dis- + use (Wiktionary)