from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong to brilliant greenish yellow to moderate or strong yellow green.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yellow or green liqueur made by Carthusian monks.
- n. A greenish yellow colour.
- adj. of a bright yellowish-green colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Carthusian monastery; esp. La Grande Chartreuse, mother house of the order, in the mountains near Grenoble, France.
- n. An alcoholic cordial, distilled from aromatic herbs; -- made at La Grande Chartreuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A monastery of Carthusian monks, especially in France.
- n. A highly esteemed tonic cordial, obtained by the distillation of various aromatic plants, especially nettles, growing on the Alps.
- n. In cookery, a preparation usually of game, fillets, etc., incased in a mold of rice; also, fruits inclosed in blanc-mange or puddings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of something having the yellowish green color of Chartreuse liqueur
- n. aromatic green or yellow liqueur flavored with orange peel and hyssop and peppermint oils; made at monastery near Grenoble, France
- n. a shade of green tinged with yellow
After Chartreuse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)