from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A crust of tiny crystals lining a rock cavity, usually composed of the same minerals that occur in the rock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inner surface with a crust of tiny crystals.
- n. An aggregation of calcium oxalate crystals found in certain plants.
- n. A tiny yellow or white accumulation of extracellular material that builds up in Bruch's membrane of the eye.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cavity in a rock, having its interior surface studded with crystals and sometimes filled with water; a geode.
- n. One of a people and religious sect dwelling chiefly in the Lebanon mountains of Syria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rock-cavity lined with crystals; a geode, or, as miners call it, a vug.
- n. One of a people and religious sect of Syria, living chiefly in the mountain regions of Lebanon and Anti-libanus and the district of Hauran.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an adherent of an esoteric monotheistic religious sect living in the relative security of the mountains of Syria and Lebanon who believes that Al-hakim was an incarnation of God
German, weathered ore, probably from Middle High German druos, gland, tumor, from Old High German.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)