from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or bearing a leaf or leaves.
- adj. Having a specified number or kind of leaves. Often used in combination: three-leaved; wide-leaved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a leaf, leaves or folds; used mainly in combination with another word to form adjectives describing the number, form, colour, etc, of leaves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing, or having, a leaf or leaves; having folds; -- used in combination
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a leaf or leaves, in any sense of that word; made with leaves or folds: used in composition: as, a two-leaved gate. Also leafed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having leaves or leaves as specified; often used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.
_Leaf-blades_ are broadly lanceolate or linear-lanceolate, acute, spreading, flat, or in short-leaved forms, stiff and pungent, 1 to 2 inches long (rarely also 5 inches long), glabrous above and below, ciliate at the margins towards the base, and with a very minutely serrate hyaline margin.
One of the most prominent of these is the Broad-leaved, which is considered not only earlier and more productive, but the best for manufacturing.
This is the Common Sage of the garden; and with the Green-leaved, which is but a sub-variety, the most esteemed for culinary purposes.
More recently, however, it has given place to the Narrow-leaved, which is much hardier, and equally efficacious.
Species include Aristolochia rotunda (Smearwort); Atriplex prostrata (Spear-leaved Orache); and Chenopodium album (White Goosefoot).
There is one other orchid; the exotic broad-leaved helleborine Epipactis helleborine.
Anonymous said ... sir when i diposited my form at bjb junior collage i missly i had leaved to give my emaai can i add now
In the near rocks zone, a battle airship firmly adsorb to a great meteorolite, an eye warrior watch with scout far places of Flolamp fleets, soundless, Boss, Flolamp have leaved for Life Star.
Because of battle of U.E.S., only were leaved 1.5 million.
Great generals and warriors althoutgh leaved for far distance, but their spirits immortal.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.