from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bearing numerous leaves; leafy.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling a leaf.
- adj. Of or relating to a lichen whose thallus is flat and leafy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. leafy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having many leaves; leafy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing or covered with leaflets or with small leaf-like appendages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bearing numerous leaves
Latin foliōsus, from folium, leaf; see folium.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin foliosus ("leafy"), from folio ("leaf") (Wiktionary)