from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A calculation of an estimate of the value of some function outside the range of known values.
- n. An inference about some hypothetical situation based on known facts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The approximate calculation, from known values of a function for given values of the variable, of another value of the function for a value of the variable smaller than the smallest or larger than the largest of those upon which the calculation is based.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (mathematics) calculation of the value of a function outside the range of known values
- n. an inference about the future (or about some hypothetical situation) based on known facts and observations
Sorry, no etymologies found.