Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of transplanting a living plant or shifting it to new soil.
- n. The removal of an inhabitant or the inhabitants of one place or region to a different one for residence; also, the persons so removed.
- n. In surgery, the removal of living tissue from one part of the body to another, or from one individual to another, to supply a part that has been lost or to lessen a deformity, as in the Taliacotian operation.
- n. A pretended method of curing any disease by making it pass from the sick person to another person, or even to an animal or a vegetable.
- n. The resettlement of a group of people
- n. A surgical operation in which an organ is moved from a donor to a recipient; an organ transplant
- n. The uprooting of a tree and planting it in a new location
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of transplanting, or the state of being transplanted; also, removal.
- n. (Surg.) The removal of tissues from a healthy part, and the insertion of them in another place where there is a lesion.
- n. an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient)
- n. the act of removing something from one location and introducing it in another location
“The success of this transplantation is an event of both great scientific and social significance.”
“If heart transplantation is being considered, please request an evaluation at Children's Hospital as early as possible by calling 1-877-77-HEART or sending us an e-mail at cardiac@email. chop.edu.”
“An organization of transplant professionals dedicated to research, education, advocacy and patient care in transplantation science and medicine.”
“In selected disorders, in - utero hematopoietic stem cell transplantation is a reasonable option, which should be compared and contrasted with postnatal therapy.”
“If lung or heart/lung transplantation is being considered, please request an evaluation at Children's Hospital as early as possible by calling Tara Chestnut at 267-426-0664 or sending us an e-mail at lungtransplant@email. chop.edu.”
“Whether your child could benefit from lung transplantation is a complex issue that must be carefully and individually evaluated.”
“If heart transplantation is being considered, please request an evaluation at Children's Hospital as early as possible by calling1-877-77-HEARTor sending us an email at cardiac@email. chop.edu.”
“Life after liver transplantation is typically very good.”
“If lung transplantation is being considered, please request an evaluation at Children's Hospital as early as possible by calling Tara Chestnut at 267-426-0664 or sending us an e-mail at Lungtransplant@email. chop.edu.”
“The first few patients who had liver transplants didn't survive long, but now liver transplantation is an applied procedure for everyone.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘transplantation’.
downstream activity, downstream sector, discards, depletion of stocks, demolition of fis..., direct restocking, distant water and..., conservation refe..., deep-sea fishing, country of flag, biological recove..., discarded catch and 153 more...
Looking for tweets for transplantation.