from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Treatment of disease with radiation, especially by selective irradiation with x-rays or other ionizing radiation and by ingestion of radioisotopes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The therapeutic use of ionizing radiation, almost exclusively used for the treatment of malignant disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Treatment of disease by means of x-rays or radioactivity. Radiotherapy of cancer is based on the fact that cancer cells are more sensitive to radiation than most other cells in the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Treatment of disease by any of the forms of radioactivity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to a radioactive substance
Sorry, no etymologies found.