from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The treatment of a disorder, especially of the skin, by exposure to light, including ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The use of light to treat disorders of the skin, and certain mood disorders.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The application of light for therapeutic purposes, esp. for treating diseases of the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Treatment of disease by rays derived from the sun or an electric lamp; Finsen treatment; light treatment. It is really a form of radiotherapy, for the rays employed are the non-luminous ultra-violet rays and not those of light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the use of strong light to treat acne or hyperbilirubinemia of the newborn
Sorry, no etymologies found.