from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Examination of the inner structure of optically opaque objects by x-rays or other penetrating radiation; radiology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. examination of objects by the use of X-rays; radiology
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Direct observation of objects opaque to light by means of some other form of radiant energy, as x-rays.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The detection, study, or application of X-rays, specifically by observations with a fluorescent screen.
- n. Examination of opaque objects by means of the X-rays or other form of radioactivity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (radiology) examination of the inner structure of opaque objects using X rays or other penetrating radiation
radio- + -scopy (Wiktionary)