from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of nationalisation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of nationalizing, or the state of being nationalized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering national in character instead of local.
- n. The act of making national as regards possession, use, and control; especially, as advocated by many socialists, the abolition of private property, as in lands, railways, etc., and the vesting of it in the nation for national use: as, the nationalisation of land.
- n. Also spelled nationalisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of rendering national in character
- n. changing something from private to state ownership or control
- n. the action of forming or becoming a nation
national + -ization (Wiktionary)