from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of advocating or pleading.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of advocating or pleading; plea; advocacy.
- n. Advowson.
- n. The process of removing a cause from an inferior court to the supreme court.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of advocating; a pleading for; plea; apology.
- n. In Scots law, a form of process, now obsolete, the object of which was to remove a cause from an inferior to the supreme court for review or continuance.
Sorry, no etymologies found.