from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art and practice of riding a horse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art, practice or act of riding a horse; horsemanship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A riding, or the act of riding, on horseback; horsemanship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of riding on horseback; horsemanship.
- n. A ride on horseback.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sport of siting on the back of a horse while controlling its movements
Latin equitātiō, equitātiōn-, from equitāre, to ride horseback; see equitant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)