from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a horse.
- adj. Of or belonging to the family Equidae, which includes the horses, asses, and zebras.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a horse or horses
- adj. Of or relating to any member or members of the genus Equus.
- n. Any horse or horse-like animal, especially one of the genus Equus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling, a horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a horse, or its structure, etc.; belonging to the horse kind; in a narrow sense, like a horse, as distinguished from an ass: as, equine and asinine genera, traits, etc.
- n. A horse; an animal of the horse family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a horse
- n. hoofed mammals having slender legs and a flat coat with a narrow mane along the back of the neck
- adj. of or belonging to the family Equidae
Latin equīnus, from equus, horse; see ekwo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin equīnus ("of or pertaining to horses"). (Wiktionary)