from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling horses or a horse.
- adj. Devoted to horses and horsemanship: the horsy set.
- adj. Large and clumsy: illustrations that looked horsy on the page.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to horses.
- adj. Of a person or people, involved in breeding or riding horses.
- adj. Of a graphic design or typographical treatment which is clunky, unrefined, clumsy.
- n. A child's term or name for a horse.
- n. A game where a child rides on the back of another, who is on all fours (also spelled horsey).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or suggestive of, a horse, or of horse racing
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to or concerned with horses: as, horsy talk.
- Characteristic of or peculiar to the horse: as, a horsy smell.
- Fond of or interested in horses; especially, devoted to or interested in horse-racing or horse-breeding: as, horsy company.
horse + -y (Wiktionary)