from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by voracity; devouring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having an insatiable appetite; voracious, ravenous, piggish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to eating; voracious; devouring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eating; given to eating; greedy; voracious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devouring or craving food in great quantities
From Latin edāx, edāc-, from edere, to eat; see ed- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin edācī ("gluttonous, greedy") + -ous (adjectival suffix), from edō ("to eat"). Etymological twin to esurient ("very hungry or greedy"). (Wiktionary)