from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of sheep; sheeplike.
- n. An ovine animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, resembling, or being a sheep.
- adj. Specifically, resembling a sheep in character; passive, of low intelligence and acquiescent.
- n. A sheep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to sheep; consisting of sheep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sheep-like; oviform; of or pertaining to the Ovinæ or to sheep.
- n. A member of the Ovinæ; a sheep.
- n. A form of cerebrin found in the yolk of eggs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or of the nature of or characteristic of a sheep or sheep
Late Latin ovīnus, from Latin ovis, sheep; see owi- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)