from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeding on plants; plant-eating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Feeding only on plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eating plants; of or pertaining to the Herbivora.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eating herbs; feeding on vegetables: distinguished from carnivorous, insectivorous, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeding only on plants
From New Latin herbivorus : Latin herba, vegetation + Latin -vorus, -vorous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin herba, grass, and -vore. (Wiktionary)