American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Living or growing on flowers, as certain insects.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, flower-loving, as a bee.
- Of or pertaining to the Anthophila.
- adj. Living or growing on flowers
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Lit., fond of flowers; hence, feeding upon, or living among, flowers.
- adj. feeding on flowers
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anthophilous’.
Words for the diehard intermediate and advanced spellers
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
of or relating to flowers
Words that describe 'shunning' or 'drawn to' behavior, mostly of plants and animals.
Weird/funny/unknown to me plant names, botany terms, & other science vocabulary.
I love the meaning of those words.
Looking for tweets for anthophilous.