from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeding on plants, including shrubs and trees. Used especially of certain insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. feeding on plants, herbivorous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Feeding on plants; herbivorous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Plant-eating; feeding on plants; herbivorous; specifically, of or pertaining to the Phytophaga, in any sense. Also phytophagan and phytophagic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of animals) feeding on plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.