from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeding on insects.
- adj. Botany Capable of trapping and absorbing insects, as the pitcher plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. feeding on insects
- adj. capable of trapping and absorbing insects; such as the sundew, pitcher plant and Venus flytrap
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. plants which have some special adaptation for catching and digesting insects, as the sundew, Venus's flytrap, Sarracenia, etc.
- adj. the Insectivora, and many bats, birds, and reptiles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Feeding or subsisting on insects, as an animal or a plant.
- Of or pertaining to the Insectivora, in any use of that name, or having their characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of animals and plants) feeding on insects
Sorry, no etymologies found.