American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One whose diet includes fruits, seeds, and nuts but no vegetables, grains, or animal products.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to fruits; consisting solely of fruits and nuts, as a diet.
- n. One who holds the theory that fruits and nuts constitute the only proper food for man.
- fruit + -arian. First attested circa 1890. (Wiktionary)
- Blend of fruit and (veget)arian. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Later, on the naming of Apple, Jobs told Isaacson he was "on one of my fruitarian diets.”
“But it does claim to be dedicated to "vegetarian and vegan singles, raw food and fruitarian, Adventist, Buddhist and Hindu" love seekers.”
“Because it lacks a balanced variety of amino acids, the fruitarian diet is especially dangerous for children.”
“A Japanese fruitarian has reported having such supersensitive hearing that he could make out the sound of ants crawling on the ground or conversations happening six miles away.”
“Some raw foodists I met at a raw food boutique in San Diego including a young man who was eating only raw cacao nibs and feeling “totally epic” snickered that they had recently busted their fruitarian colleague eating avocados.”
“One fruitarian Kiawe and Jameson mentioned eats nothing but nonoily fruits and raw pollen.”
“The writings of Buddhist disciples portray Siddhrtha Gautama as a fruitarian.”
“Most doctors warn that the fruitarian diet lacks the nutrients required for a balanced lifestyle.”
“What all the fruitarian gurus have in common is their belief that subsisting on fruits leads to transcendental experiences.”
“Soon after I arrive, a lanky twentysomething fruitarian named Jameson pulls up on a scooter.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fruitarian’.
Interesting/noteworthy food intake regimens.
Looking for tweets for fruitarian.