from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A believer or follower of Jainism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to Jainism
- n. a follower of Jainism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. One of a numerous sect in British India, holding the tenets of Jainism.
- adj. of or pertaining to Jainism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a non-Brahminical sect in India, the doctrinal system of which corresponds in many essential points with Buddhism.
- Of or pertaining to the Jains or to their creed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Jainism
Hindi jaina, from Sanskrit jaina-, relating to the saints, from jinaḥ, saint, victor, from jayati, he conquers.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)