from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A silver Genovese coin, first used in England in the 14th century.
- n. Alternative capitalization of Jane, "woman".
- n. Alternative spelling of jean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coin of Genoa; any small coin.
- n. A kind of twilled cotton cloth. See Jean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small silver coin of Genoa imported into England by foreign merchants, especially in the fifteenth century. Compare galley-halfpenny.
- n. Same as jean, 2.
From Old French Jannes ("Genoway"). (Wiktionary)
Alternative forms. (Wiktionary)